To see a comprehensive list of what's changed in the new Unity plugin, please see the releases page on GitHub for the most up to date information.
Where can I find the new plugin?
- You can access the plugin via the Ultraleap Developer Site or the GitHub repository https://github.com/ultraleap/UnityPlugin
Where can I find the documentation?
Can I use V5.0 of the Unity Plugin with my existing Unity project?
- Yes, see the readme on GitHub for the latest information about Unity compatibility
What hand tracking software do I need to use this plugin with?
- Our latest Unity plugin will only work with V5 of our tracking, also known as Gemini - you can download this here.
Which version of Unity do I need to use?
- See the readme on GitHub for the latest information about Unity compatibility
Which hardware can I use with this plugin?
- See the readme on GitHub for the latest information about hardware compatibility
How do I set up the Unity plugin?
- See the Installation section of the readme on GitHub which outlines several ways to set up the plugin, including recommendations based on user type and details about why you may prefer one workflow over another
Do I need to configure my Unity project in a certain way for compatibility with the Unity plugin?
Does this plugin work with XR2 headsets?
- Not at this time - we expect to release an XR2 compatible version of the Plugin in early 2022
Does this plugin work with OpenXR?
- Until Unity support OpenXR hand tracking natively, we are working on a Unity OpenXR hand tracking solution which will arrive early next year
Does this plugin work with MRTK
- Yes, we are working on this. Please go here for the latest info
Is the Plugin open source?
- This Plugin is open source on GitHub and we very much welcome your contributions, so please feel free to make pull requests, just please make sure to tell us why your suggestion would be useful to other developers
How do I contribute?
- The readme in the repository on Ultraleap’s GitHub instance outlines how to contribute
What happened to the UnityModules?
- The Unity Modules repository has been transferred and succeeded by https://github.com/ultraleap/UnityPlugin - the history of Unity Modules is still intact within the repository