To fix this issue, please try the following:
- Visit the download page for Microsoft's C++ Redistributable from their support page HERE.
- Click the red Download button.
- Select both the vcredist_x64.exe and the vcredist_x86.exe for download and click Next.
- After both downloads have completed run both installers and restart the computer.
- Try running the Leap Motion Control Panel again to check if you are able to run it successfully.
If you continue to receive the error message, please try the following steps to repair the Visual C++ Redistributable installation:
- Launch Programs and Features (Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features)
- Locate the two Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable entries.
- Select the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) entry and then click the Change button at the top.
- Select the Repair button from the Redistributable Installer
- Let the Repair complete and if prompted restart the system.
After restart (if required), repeat the above process for the x64 Redistributable.
i. Programs and Features
ii. Locate 2013 x64 Redist
iii. Select the Change button at the top
iv. Run a repair and restart if needed